Bio-Identical Hormone Treatments
When you are younger, your energy for many things can be as abundant as Texas sunshine. As you age, hormonal levels also change, which can lead to not feeling as great as you would like to feel. Bio-identical hormone therapy (BHRT) describes the use of hormones that are molecularly identical to hormones naturally produced in the human body. The body recognizes these lab-created hormones – estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone – as though they were naturally occurring and metabolizes them similarly. Though these hormones are synthesized in a laboratory or pharmaceutical plant, they are derived from natural ingredients. We strongly believe in the benefits of this therapy as we have seen the difference that it can make in helping our patients feel more youthful.
Benefits of Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
Bio-identical hormone therapy offers many benefits to both men and women who struggle with hormonal imbalances. Some benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy that have been reported include:
- Improves ability to build lean muscle
- Works to increase libido
- Helps to increase bone mass and prevent osteoporosis
- Could improve quality of sleep and the function of the immune system
- Works to enhance overall mood and cognitive function
- Aids in the reversal of metabolic syndrome
- Aids in increasing libido
- Helps to balance testosterone levels
- Aids in the reduction of body weight and overall body fat content
- May decrease insulin resistance
- May decrease the risk of metabolic syndrome
Who Is a Candidate for Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy?
Regardless of age, if you have noticed increased symptoms that may indicate a hormone imbalance that are listed below, you can request a consultation with one of our caring, professional staff members. We recommend that men and women over the age of 40 should receive regular hormone check-ups, and we can initiate this at any of your scheduled appointments for other services.
Candidates for bio-identical hormone therapy include men and women who experience the following conditions:
- Difficulty sleeping, insomnia or fatigue
- Difficulty losing weight through diet and exercise
- Extreme mood swings or changes in mood
- Sexual dysfunction or decreases in libido
- Chronic headaches or mental confusion
Call us at 817-427-3700 to schedule your initial blood draw to determine if you are a candidate for this treatment.